IS JAPAN COOL? OKINAWA
1. Located in the Yaeyama Island chain. About 10 minutes (approx. 6 kilometers) by high-speed ferry from Ishigaki Island, the largest and main island. A delightful outing for a one-day round trip.
2. This island preserves the rustic character of the old Okinawan landscape, with beautiful red-roofed houses and white sandy streets.
3. A rich natural environment, surrounded by Japan’s largest coral shelves.
4. Since the island is flat, the highest “peaks” are its houses and observation deck.
5. A tranquil haven for visitors escaping from hectic modern life.