Located in northwestern Osaka with access to major areas by airport shuttle
The official name of this airport is the Osaka International Airport. It is the closest domestic airport from the center of Osaka city and serves as gateway to the skies for the people of Kansai area. One of its advantages is the large number of buses going to and from major areas. You can easily access JR Osaka Station / Umeda Station which are hubs of the northern(Kita) area, as well as Namba Station, the center of the southern(Minami) area. There are also buses that go directly to Universal Studios Japan. Be sure to utilize the convenient bus information when planning your journey efficiently.
A compact airport with a beautiful rooftop deck
When waiting for a flight, we recommend passing the time at the observation deck La Sora. This wide-open terrace deck has restaurants, cafés, and a home interior goods shop. Of course, it wouldn’t be Osaka without places to eat takoyaki in the airport. If you missed the opportunity while in the city, this is your last chance to eat some!
Sorayan is the airport’s cute mascot
Sorayan was created as mascot for the airport’s 75th anniversary in 2014. Designed to look like an airplane, Sorayan has a round white body and speaks with a unique Kansai accent. You can purchase Sorayan original design goods such as T-shirts, small towels and cookies at the Itami Airport as a souvenir to commemorate your trip.
- 3-555 Hotarugaike Nishimachi, Toyonaka-shi, Osaka Prefecture
- 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Terminal hours)
- Approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes from New Chitose Airport to Itami Airport
- Approx. 1 hour from Haneda Airport to Itami Airport
- Approx. 1 hour and 20 minutes from Narita Airport to Itami Airport
- Approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes from Fukuoka Airport to Itami Airport
- Approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes from Kagoshima Airport to Itami Airport
- Approx. 2 hours and 20 minutes from Naha Airport to Itami Airport